Website: www.cookitboutique.com Concept: Pick dishes online, receive the ingredients to your door and cook it like a chef! Price: Generally between $7 and $15 per portion but you must order 4 portions. Shipping is included.
- Even if you cook daily like me, it’s a great opportunity to learn recipes you’ve been meaning to without running all over town for ingredients! On 2 different orders, I learned new tricks each time.
- The shipping is on afternoons so you don’t have to wait all day.
- The ingredients seem to be local whenever they can be.
- I find the prices very high. $30 for 2 chimichurri steaks and potatoes or 2 cajun shrimps with sweet potato purée makes no sense to me when I know I could buy all the ingredients for $15-20 myself.
- The 2 portions per recipe is a bit annoying when you’re ordering alone. I wish I could order 4 different recipes instead of 2 with too much food for me based on the fact that I order to learn.
If you’re as excited as me about Montreal startups that are food related, you’re going to love these short and sweet posts! In a few words, learn about the latest SaaS and my personal experience with them. More startups >