I’ve been dieting for a few months now. Please, don’t be scared or discouraged for me! It’s all done while eating generous meals and working out 3-4 times a week - nothing crazy. What I do is for the long run as I’m always trying new life hacks that will improve my health and well being. Of course, this does mean that I don’t eat a lot of decadent treats as I prioritize my greens and proteins. But sometimes, you just want something that’s good and SWEET!
Cacao Barry sent me their new product Zéphyr™ Caramel which consists of white chocolate (35%) with caramel. And let me tell you one thing, it’s delicious! As I tried a piece quickly, I automatically thought of the perfect dessert (ok fine, I had it for dinner) that takes less than 10 minutes to make.
It’s pretty simple and uses 5 “ingredients” because I was feeling lazy that way:
- 1/2 cup of FlapJacked Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/3 cup of cold water
- 25 g of Zéphyr™ Caramel chocolate
- 2 tbsp of Les Charlatan’s limited edition Strawberry Syrup
- Coconut oil spray
And the steps are as simple:
- Mix the pancake flour with the cold water and let it sit for 2-3 minutes
- Use spray on pan and proceed to pour the batter to make 4-5 small pancakes
- After each pancake is ready, place on a plate with a few of the chocolate wafers on top so that they melt between each layer (it’s less messy that way!)
- Spread the remaining wafers on top of the last pancake
- Finally, pour the strawberry syrup on top of the stack and indulge!!
It doesn’t look like much but I swear it’s quite satisfying without having any remorse with 20g of protein! They also would go really well in brownies or cookies.
To get your hand on these, visit La Guilde Culinaire in Little Italy. They sell a lot of fun stuff for the kitchen that will make you feel like a a pro!